ZiiLABS, a wholly owned subsidiary of Creative Technology, is a leader in media-rich application processors, advanced software and enabling hardware platforms. Our innovative products enable OEMs, ODMs, System Integrators and Software Developers to deliver industry-leading devices across a broad range of consumer electronics and embedded markets.
Originally founded in 1994 as 3DLABS, the company re-branded and joined with the Personal Digital Entertainment group of Creative Technology in January 2009 to form ZiiLABS. This new found synergy effectively combines a company with a 25 year history in state-of-the-art programmable visual processing with a core development group that has a wealth of platform experience as a leading innovator in the field of portable consumer electronics.
ZiiLABS, has invested US$1billion and 10,000 man-years in media processing solutions.
A Revolutionary Technology
At the heart of the ZiiLABS technology is the StemCell Computing architecture; a technology that utilizes an array of fully programmable Processing Elements to provide the next generation of high-performance, flexible and energy-efficient media rich solutions.
- 2011 : Introduce Ultra-slim Android 3.2 10" Reference Tablets Designed by Creative
- 2011 : Introduce ZMS-20, first StemCell media processor with dual 1.5 GHZ ARM Cortex A9
- 2010 : Enable OpenCL programming of StemCell media cores
- 2009 : Introduce ZMS-08, first StemCell media processor with 1 GHz Cortex A8
- 2009 : Introduce StemCell Computing architecture
- 2009 : Announce ZMS-05 media processor
- 2009 : 3DLABS re-brands as ZiiLABS to focus on mobile processors, platforms and software
- 2006 : First ZMS media-rich applications processor announced
- 2003 : Initiated OpenGL ES 1.0 standard which was ratified in '03
- 2002 : Introduced first fully programmable VPU
- 2002 : 3DLABS acquired by Creative Technology Inc.
- 2000 : Founding member of Khronos Group, driving OpenGL standard
- 2000 : Acquired Intense 3D, maker of Wildcat high-end 3D graphics cards
- 1998 : Acquired Dynamic Pictures, maker of Oxygen graphics cards
- 1996 : 3DLABS Initial Public Offering (IPO) on Nasdaq
- 1996 : First PERMEDIA pervasive consumer GPU launched
- 1995 : Introduced GLINT 300SX, the world's first merchant OpenGL GPU
- 1994 : 3DLABS founded following Management Buyout of DuPont Pixel
- 1988 : DuPont Pixel formed following acquisition by DuPont
- 1984 : benchMark Technology founded